Welcome to the division of the Humanities of NYU’s Faculty of Arts and Science!
Humanistic inquiry teaches us how to understand, describe, analyze, critique, and transform our world. The Humanities challenge us to think critically not only about our past and our present, but also about possible futures, about who and what we are and, as importantly, who and what we could or should or might be.
Sign up for our Humanities Events Newsletter here!
- Africana StudiesB.A., Minor, M.A.
- American StudiesB.A., Minor, Ph.D.
- Ancient Studies (minor only)Minor
- Art HistoryB.A., Minor
- Asian/Pacific/American StudiesB.A., Minor
- ClassicsB.A., M.A., Ph.D.
- Comparative LiteratureB.A., Minor, M.A., Ph.D.
- Creative WritingMinor, M.A.
- East Asian StudiesB.A., Minor, M.A., Ph.D.
- EnglishB.A., Minor, M.A., M.F.A., Ph.D.
- FrenchB.A., Minor, M.A., Ph.D.
- French StudiesM.A., Ph.D., Certificate Program
- Gender and Sexuality Studies B.A., Minor
- GermanB.A., Minor, M.A., Ph.D.
- Hebrew and Judaic StudiesB.A., M.A., Ph.D.
- Hellenic StudiesB.A., Minor
- HistoryB.A., Minor, M.A., Ph.D., Advanced Certificate
- Irish Studies (minor only)Minor, M.A.
- Italian StudiesB.A., Minor, M.A., Ph.D.
- Middle Eastern and Islamic StudiesB.A., Minor, Ph.D.
- MusicB.A., Minor, Ph.D., Advanced Certificate
- PhilosophyB.A., Minor, M.A., Ph.D.
- Religious StudiesB.A., Minor, M.A.
- Russian and Slavic Studies B.A., Minor, M.A.
- Social and Cultural AnalysisB.A., M.A.
- Spanish and Portuguese Languages and LiteratureB.A., M.A., M.F.A., Ph.D.
- Center for Early Music
- Center for European and Mediterranean StudiesB.A., Minor, M.A.
- Center for French Civilization and Culture
- Center for Latin American and Caribbean StudiesB.A., Minor, M.A.
- Center for Media, Culture and History
- Center for Religion and Media
- Center for Intl Research in the Humanities & Social Sciences
- Center for the Humanities
- Center for the Study of Transformative Lives
- Hagop Kevorkian Center for Near Eastern StudiesM.A.
- Hemispheric Institute for Performance and Politics
- Institute for the History of the Production of Knowledge
- Institute for Public Knowledge
- Institute of African American Affairs
- Jordan Center for the Advanced Study of Russia
- Marron Institute on Cities and the Urban Environment
- Medieval and Renaissance CenterB.A., Minor
- Native Studies Forum
- New York Institute for the Humanities
- New York Institute of Philosophy
- Remarque Institute
- Scholars at Risk Network
- Taub Center for Israel Studies
- The Center for Ballet and the Arts